Services A-Z - who can I talk to?

If you have a particular query or issue, here's a list of services that can support you during your university life. 

To speak to someone in your School, please see our School Support contact list for contact details.




Accommodation Office

Services including those related to accommodation payments and transfers whilst in university Halls of Residence. 



BAME students

The University aims to support Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) students in a variety of ways.



Careers Service

Specialist resources, advice and events for you to help with career planning.

Care experienced students

Care experienced students have the support of a named contact at the University.


St. Peter’s House coordinates the multi-faith Chaplaincy on behalf of the University. They offer a range of support and activities for everyone, regardless of faith.

Commuter students

The Commuter Hub is a space where commuter students can find support available to them, useful information about travelling to University, and any exciting events or opportunities coming up.

The Counselling Service

Confidential help with any personal issues, self-esteem, relationships, sexuality, mental health and general wellbeing.



Disability Advisory Support Service (DASS)

Support to help you to succeed in your studies, work, and the rest of your University experience. 

Disabled students

Find out about the support on offer to disabled students.

E, F, G, H


Equality and Diversity

Providing advice, guidance and support on equality and diversity-related issues.

Estranged students

Estranged students have the support of a named contact at the University.

Health Assured

Health Assured is a 24 hour mental health helpline and wellbeing app.



International Society

Hosts events and day trips to make your time in the UK a great experience as well as having a social hub on campus.

Student Immigration Team

Our Student Immigration Team offers support and advice to international students studying at The University of Manchester.

J, K, L, M N


LGBTQ+ students

Find out about the support networks in place for LGBTQ+ students at the University.

Manchester Student Homes

Provides a free, university-run housing service providing, Landlord Accreditation, property search and housing advice.

Manchester Bursary Holders Support

A guide to the services and opportunities available to holders of the Manchester Bursary.

Mature students

Find out about the support on offer for mature students.

My Learning Essentials

A programme of skills support, including both online resources and face-to-face workshops which will aid you in your personal and professional development.


A confidential listening and information service run for students by students,  offering anonymous, non judgemental and non-directive support for all students, regardless of the situation. 

O, P


Occupational Health Service

Confidential services to protect your health at work, in training and in study. The Occupational Health service also carries out assessments and provides advice on fitness for work, to ensure that health issues are effectively managed. 

Peer Support

The opportunity to gain support, advice and help with your studies from students who have been in the same position as you.


Q, R, S


Refugee/asylum seeker students

Find out about the Article 26 Scholarship on offer to refugee and asylum seeker students.


Support for students whilst living in university Halls of Residence. 

Report and Support

Acts of harassment, discrimination or hate are never ok. You can report something anonymously or report something and get support from an advisor.

SafeZone mobile app

Allows students to contact our Security team directly if they are in an immediate emergency or require first aid.

School Support Office 

Information, advice and guidance for issues affecting your studies and wellbeing. 


Shout is a confidential service available 24/7 via text for anyone in crisis or experiencing any painful emotion for which they need support.


A wide range of sports and activities to take part in, both competitively or socially. 

Student Services Centre

Services including those related to immigration, examinations, certificates, transcripts, sources of funding, fee payment and registration. 

Student’s Union Advice Centre

A free, confidential service where students can get information and advice on personal and academic issues, run by professional Advisors who are independent of the University. 

Student’s Union

Helps you to make the most of your time at university providing a hub for student life. 

Student’s Union Buddy Scheme


Sign up and get matched to another student who’ll get in touch for a regular phone or video calls, or in-person hang-outs.

T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z


Togetherall is a free, safe space online to get things off your chest, have conversations, get creative and learn how to manage your mental health and wellbeing.

The Well

The Well by St. Peter's House can provide emergency help with food, and offer holistic wellbeing support too. 

University Language Centre

Offers courses and support in English language and 19 other languages for personal, professional and academic purposes at various levels. 




Opportunities to get involved in a range from activities that support other students and improve the University community as a result, through to getting involved in charities and not for profit organisations in the wider community outside of campus.


How to contact central support services

Some central support services are currently working remotely. See below for details on how to contact them.

University Campus Security is continuing to operate and can be contacted on 0161 306 9966 (the number is also on the back of your University ID card).

The University's Counselling & Mental Health Service will continue to offer support and prompt response to staff and students.

Our service will be operating remotely and will be accessible by email to

If you need our support, please email us and a Duty Counsellor will get back to you as soon as possible for consultation.

The DASS and UMAC teams are working remotely at the moment.

We are offering all our usual appointments and support via video/phone rather than face to face, will be picking up and responding to voicemail messages and will continue to answer emails. However, we won’t be in the office to receive post. so please do scan/take a photo of any paperwork instead and email to

You can book an appointment by calling 0161 275 7512 and leaving a voicemail request.  We’ll call you back to make arrangements. If you're unable to use the phone for disability-related reasons, please just let us know.

You are still able to access specialist, confidential advice and support on a range of issues including sexual assault, harassment and hate crime by requesting to speak to an advisor through Report and Support. An advisor will work with you to deliver support in the most accessible way for you, through video-calls, telephone appointments or via email.

The Occupational Health Service is continuing to run a remote service online, which includes email responses to queries, telephone/email advice & telephone/video appointments and a face to face service for immunisations and blood tests required by new and existing students on the registered courses.


Occupational Health will continue to monitor emails to the generic inbox remotely by appointed staff.

Please forward any urgent correspondence to the generic email addresses: (undergraduates) (staff and postgraduates)

Health questionnaire screening is now completed for all received questionnaire for the prospective 2020 students

We are currently receiving a high volume of enquiries and ask for your patience whilst we work to prioritise these.



Please do not attend the Occupational Health Service if you have:

1] A high temperature

2] A new persistent cough

3] Recent loss of taste or smell

If you have an appointment please arrive on time, if you are going to be late please contact the service prior to arriving.


Please wear your mask during your visit and & use the hand sanitiser provided.


Covid 19 guidance is available from the National Health Service and Public Health England.


University Guidance can be found here: .