When will I get my CAS?

A Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) number will be sent to you if you:

  • hold an unconditional offer
  • have accepted your offer 

Visa applications can only be made a maximum of 6 months prior to the start of the programme. In general you should expect to receive your CAS 3 months before your course start date.

You are advised to check the visa processing times at your local visa application centre before booking an appointment. It is important to be prepared by thoroughly reading the visa application form and our guidance to find out what else you need to do before submitting your visa application. For example if you are self-funded you need to submit evidence which confirms you have held the necessary funds in your bank account for at least 28 days before submitting your visa application online.


Tuition fee and accommodation payments

It can take up to 3 working days for payments to be updated in your CAS statement. If your payment is not showing after this time, then you will need to contact your admissions team.

If you have contacted your admissions team and your payment is still not showing, then you can contact the Student Finance team at cashiers@manchester.ac.uk.

Please note that you should only contact the Student Finance team if your payment is not showing at least 3 working days after you have contacted your admissions team.


Your CAS will be sent to you by email with the CAS information in the body of the e-mail message.

If you would like to save the CAS as a PDF file you may do so, however we are not able to routinely provide CAS statements in this format. 

You may find it helpful to print out your CAS email for your records as you may need to show it to the Visa Application Centre (if you are asked to do so) but you are not required to submit a paper copy of your CAS with your visa application.

Please note, if you are undertaking a one-year taught masters degree you are required to pay a non-refundable tuition fee deposit of £1,000 before an electronic Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) can be issued. More information on deposits and how to pay can be found here.