Visas and Applications


If you are not a national of a country from the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland and you wish to study in the UK then you must hold valid immigration permission (a visa) that allows you to study in the UK. From 1st January 2021, EU/EEA students who have not applied to the EU Settlement Scheme and who are not Irish citizens will also need to apply for a Student visa.

If you are not sure what visa type you should apply for please see the section 'What visa do I need?‘ for more information before continuing.

If you already have another type of immigration permission for the UK you must check with us whether your existing visa permits study with us. You must read the section 'Other visa types' first to check and contact us directly if you are not sure. You must do this well before your course start date as you will not be permitted to start your course without a valid visa that permits study at Manchester.

Which visa do I need?

Read more >