To complete the financial aspect of your registration, the University needs to know who will be paying your tuition fees. A sponsorship letter is required if payment is to be made by a third party sponsor (e.g. a charity, a commercial organisation, an international organisation or Student Finance).
In the event that all or part of a student's tuition fees is not paid on their behalf by an organisation, authority, or sponsor then the student will become personally liable to pay the tuition fees required to the University.
If you are unable to complete step 10 of registration and are receiving funding from Student Finance, please send a copy of the page entitled 'University or College Payment Advice' to:
Please follow the steps below if you are intending to pay your tuition fees using a PG Loan.
1. Log in to My Manchester and complete registration up until step 10 – ‘payment of tuition fees’.
2. Submit your UK account details online via the following link https://my.manchester.ac.uk/en/dashboard/update-bank-account/overview.
3. Email email@example.com to confirm that you have completed steps 1-9 of registration and added your bank details. When emailing please include the phrase PG Loan and your student ID in the subject line.
4. The University will then update your record and complete your registration on your behalf. The bank details you have provided will be used to collect your tuition fees by Direct Debit in three equal instalments on the following dates: 19 November 2021, 4 February 2022 and 6 May 2022.
The University will confirm your registration to the Student Loans Company (SLC), who will release the first instalment of your postgraduate loan directly to you within five working days, and ahead of the first Direct Debit instalment, due on 19 November 2021.
5. The second and third instalments of your postgraduate loan will be released directly to you by the Student Loan Company to coincide with the Direct Debit for your remaining tuition fees.
Queries should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are being sponsored by a research council, University of Manchester scholarship, or School bursary that covers the payment of your tuition fees then your School will be responsible for entering the payment details directly in to the student system.
If you are being sponsored by an external organisation (e.g. charity, commercial organisation, embassy) please send a copy of your sponsorship letter in advance of your registration date to:
The University accepts ELCAS funding for members of the Armed Forces on many of our programmes. If the programme you are applying for is not listed on the ELCAS web site, please contact us at email@example.com so that we can upload the programme details for ELCAS approval. Please note that the approval process can take up to a month.
When making an application for ELCAS funding, please quote the University's Learning Provide Number, 1539. Once your application is approved, you will receive a Claim Authorisation Note (CAN) from ELCAS.
Please note that the CAN must state the correct total fee for the relevant academic year. If you have a personal contribution, this must be paid to the University at the time of your registration. Please send the CAN, in advance of your registration date, marked 'For the attention of the Student Payments and Registration Team' to:
The following information is required in all sponsor letters submitted to the University. Please ask your sponsor to complete the template with confirmation of their sponsorship and send a PDF to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If your sponsor has their own format please ensure they include the criteria given below.
UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) has additional requirements, if you are applying for a Tier 4 visa and you must also meet the Financial Requirements of the UKVI.
Please submit your sponsor letter as soon as possible in advance of your registration date to ensure that information has been updated and applied to your account - enabling you to complete financial registration online.