Our Article 26 Sanctuary Scholarships are to support applicants who face barriers to higher education because of their immigration status. We offer we are offering five scholarships for undergraduate study each September.
2023 applications are now CLOSED. Applications for 2024 Entry will open in Autumn 2023, and close in Spring 2024.
About the scholarships
- Includes a designated member of staff to provide support, guidance and opportunities throughout your studies including regular networking meetings with other scholarship holders.
- Covers the full cost of the tuition fees for a maximum of the normal duration of the undergraduate programme for which the applicant has been admitted, until such time as they are awarded a status that entitles them to access student finance
- Provides £5,000 per year towards living cost expenses
- Provides a free place in one of our Halls of Residence for scholarship students who wish to stay in University accommodation
The scholarship is not available for our Medicine, Dentistry or Architecture courses.
The scholarships are designed to provide financial assistance to students who would be supported by the Let Us Learn campaign, and who are not eligible for UK government student financial support.
To apply for one of these scholarships, you must:
- Have applied to the University of Manchester for a place on a course starting in September 2024 (you don’t need to have received a course offer in order to submit your application, but we will look at which applicants have been made an offer when shortlisting for the scholarship interviews)
- Be unable to access mainstream funding (e.g. student finance loans)
- Meet specific immigration criteria related to Sanctuary Scholarships.
If you have any questions about your eligibility, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
If you have any questions about the scholarship application process, email us at email@example.com.