Article 26 Scholarship
Applications for 2019 entry are now open - information on how to apply is provided below. The deadline for applications is 7 June 2019.
We are offering 5 scholarships for undergraduate study commencing in September 2019. These scholarships are intended to help sanctuary seekers progress into higher education.
The scholarship will:
- cover the full cost of the tuition fees for a maximum of the normal duration of the undergraduate programme for which the applicant has been admitted until such time as they are awarded a status that entitles them to access student finance. Applicants wishing to study Medicine or Dentistry are not eligible to apply;
- provide £5000 per year towards living cost expenses;
- provide a free place in one of our Halls of Residence for scholarship students who wish to stay in University accommodation.
The scholarships are designed to support sanctuary students who are not eligible for UK government student financial support.
Before making an application for the Article 26 Sanctuary Scholarship please ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria as follows. You:
- have a conditional or unconditional offer from the University of Manchester for 2019;
- are unable to access mainstream funding, e.g. student finance or a local authority grant;
- currently attend a school, college, community or voluntary group which can provide a reference in support of your application
and your current immigration can be described as one of the following:
- Refugee status
- Discretionary leave to remain (DLR)
- Indefinite leave to remain (ILR)
- Humanitarian Protection (HP)
- Awaiting a decision on application for refugee status
- Leave as an Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Child (UASC leave)
- Refugee status + 5 years indefinite leave to remain (ILR)
- Refused Asylum Seeker - application for refugee status has been denied and has submitted a fresh claim
- Lived in the UK for the last half of life which was not for the principal purpose of study, and has a form of immigration permission. This can includes Limited Leave to Remain (LLR)
The University’s Sanctuary Scholarships are intended to provide financial assistance to students who would be supported by the Let us Learn campaign http://letuslearn.study/. If you have any questions about your eligibility, please contact Article.email@example.com
To submit an application please complete the application form after reading the guidance notes.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Article.firstname.lastname@example.org