Article 26 Scholarship
Applications are now open for 2018/19 entry. Deadline for applications: 8 June 2018
We offer one scholarship for undergraduate study commencing in September 2018. The scholarship is intended to help those seeking asylum in the UK to progress into higher education.
The Article 26 Scholarship will:
- cover the full cost of the tuition fees for a maximum of the normal duration of the undergraduate programme for which the applicant has been admitted until such time as they are awarded a status that entitles them to access student finance. Applicants wishing to study Medicine or Dentistry are not eligible to apply;
- provide £600 per year to support the costs of study e.g., books, travel. The University is unable to provide any financial support for accommodation or living costs.
- an asylum seeker or the partner/dependant of an asylum seeker; OR
- an asylum seeker/partner/dependant who has been granted Discretionary Leave to Remain (DLR) or some other form of temporary status;
- have a conditional or unconditional offer from the University of Manchester for 2018;
- currently attending a school, college, community or voluntary group which can provide a reference in support of your application;
- are unable to access mainstream funding, e.g. Student Finance or a local authority grant;
- live within commuting distance of the University of Manchester;
- do not require support for living expenses or accommodation.
If you do not meet the eligibility criteria above, but due to your background circumstances are unable to access UK government support for student finance, please contact us at email@example.com.
Applications are made to the Student Recruitment and Widening Participation Team and shortlisted applicants are required to attend an interview as part of the selection process. Further details about the interview will be released to the shortlisted candidates, but interviews are likely to be held at the end of June 2018. The application form and guidance notes can be accessed here: Article 26 Application Form 2018/19; Article 26 Guidance Notes 2018/19. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org