Student Services


Welcome to Student Services

University Documents

Student card collection: Once you have completed registration, you will be able to book an appointment to collect your student card. In order that we can prepare your card in advance of your arrival, please provide us with a photograph by logging into My Manchester.

Student card collection is by appointment only. You will receive communication with a link to book an appointment via email once you have completed registration. Depending on the date, you can collect your card from one of the following venues:

 Venue   Dates   Opening Hours  
 Student Services Centre

 1st - 2nd September

 5th - 9th September

 10am - 4pm

 10am - 4pm

 The Main Library, Burlington Street  

 12th - 16th September 

 17th - 18th September 

 19th - 23rd September 

 29th - 30th September 

 10am - 8pm

 11am - 3pm

 10am - 8pm

 10am - 8pm

Replacement Student Cards: Please note, replacement student cards can only be issued to students who have completed all 10 steps of registration for the current academic year. If you have lost your student card, please purchase a replacement from the e-store: Replacement for Lost Student Card - University of Manchester

You can pay for postage or collect your card from the Student Services Centre for no additional cost. You will receive an email confirmation with your booking number, beginning with MAN, please have this ready when collecting your card.

Confirmation of Registration and Bank Letters: You will automatically receive a bank letter once you have completed 9 steps of registration and a Confirmation of Attendance letter when you complete all 10 steps.

Please note that there will be a delay of 48 hours before students will receive this documentation due to reporting requirements.

Schengen letters: If you require a letter to apply for a Schengen visa, please email to request the letter. Please put 'Schengen letter' as the subject of your email and make sure you include your name, student ID number and where you're travelling to. Please also ensure your Term Address is up-to-date on the student system. For international students only: your Home Address needs to be in your home country.

How to Change your Address on MyManchester - Please ensure your Home address is in your home country and your Term Time address is your current residence in the UK.

  1. Log on to My Manchester
  2. Click on the 'Tools' Tab
  3. Click on 'Student System'
  4. From the 'Self Service' menu navigate to 'Addresses'
  5. Self Service>Campus Personal Information>Addresses
  6. Either click 'Add a New Address' or click on the address type e.g. 'Home' and click 'Edit Address'
  7. Fill in your address details including full postal code and country then click 'OK'
  8. Enter the date when you moved/will move into this address
  9. Tick one of the boxes on the right to choose the address type
  10. Click 'Save'.
  11. You should get a message confirming that the save was successful
  12. Click 'OK'
  13. Click 'Return to Current Addresses'

You will need to let the SSC know when you have updated your address so we can issue your new letter.

Contact the Student Services Centre

During September registration our helplines are open 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday:

  • For all general queries, including student cards, confirmation letters and council tax queries, call: 0161 275 5000
  • For Student Immigration queries you will need to email

During September registration, our Live Chat is open 9am - 5pm on Monday-Friday.

Please note that we cannot answer queries through the live chat about when CAS will be issued, ATAS clearance, the delivery of BRP cards, or student visa queries. The queries should be directed to in the first instance.

Please note that if the status of the chat is 'Away - be right back', this means that staff are currently responding to the maximum number of queries. As soon as staff member is free, the status will change to 'Available' and you will be able to start a chat. We recommend refreshing the page regularly until you see an 'Available' status; someone will be with you shortly.

chat loading...

Our zoom sessions will be closed during September registration.


Please note that if your enquiry is regarding an immigration matter, you should email the University's Student Immigration Team via

Queries can be emailed to

All queries relating to Student Immigration can be sent to

During September registration, please direct your queries to instead of attending the Student Services Centre in person.

Our services include:

  • Production of official documents such as Council Tax Exemption letters and Confirmation of Registration letters.
  • Stamping of documents
  • Immigration advice and guidance

Please note: The SSC no longer takes payments for tuition fees, instead payments can be made by visiting My Manchester, My Profile, then My Financials.