NHS Bursary Funding 

This document looks at the various funding options for students on NHS-commissioned healthcare courses and answers some of the key questions relating to applications, receiving payments, placement-funding and repayment. It also explains processes from a financial perspective for students who interrupting, are seconded or are undertaking the MA Social work programme.

NOTE: If you are a Nursing, Midwifery or Allied Health Professions (AHP) student, you will apply for funding through the Student Finance system and not the NHS.

Key Information

  • To apply for the NHS funding you will need to apply to the NHS bursaries department. You will also need to apply separately to Student Finance for the loan.
  • Eligible students should receive the full amount of tuition fees which are paid directly by the NHS to the University plus a non means tested grant and a means tested bursary.